From: Ames Research Center
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009
MOFFETT FIELD, Calif. - Students at the International Space University (ISU) Space Studies Program (SSP) 2009 and Singularity University (SU) will share their last evening together at NASA's Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif., at their universities' closing ceremonies on Friday, Aug. 28, 2009.
The closing ceremonies for the 22nd annual ISU SSP, the inaugural class of SU are by invitation only. News media planning to attend the ceremony should contact Rachel Prucey at 650-604-0643 before 5 p.m. PDT, Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2009, for a visitor pass.
WHO: A list of speakers appears below. Other guests in attendance will include Michael Simpson, ISU president; Angie Bukley, site director of the 2009 ISU Space Studies Program and ISU's associate dean; Steve Brody, vice president of North American Operations for ISU; Bob Richards, co-founder of ISU; and Salim Ismail, executive director of SU.
WHERE: NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field. To reach NASA Ames, take U.S. Highway 101 to the Moffett Field, NASA Parkway exit and drive east on Moffett Boulevard towards the main gate.
The Singularity University (SU) closing ceremony will be held in the Ballroom of Building 3 in NASA Research Park. Guards at the main gate will direct reporters to NASA Research Park.
The International Space University (ISU) closing ceremony will be held in the main auditorium, Building N-201, at NASA's Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. Building N-201 is located behind the administration building, N-200.
WHEN: Friday, Aug. 28, 2009. All times listed are in PDT:
Abridged SU closing ceremony schedule
- 3 p.m.: Closing ceremony begins
- 3:05 p.m.: Peter Diamandis, space entrepreneur and co-founder of ISU and SU
- 3:10 p.m.: Ray Kurzweil, inventor and SU chancellor
- 3:15 p.m.: Student speaker
- 3:20 p.m.: Students present team projects
- 4:15 p.m.: S. Pete Worden, director of NASA Ames
- 4:20 p.m.: Charles Bolden, Jr., NASA administrator
- 4:30 p.m.: SU ceremony concludes.
To watch the SU closing ceremony online, tune in to http://www.livestream.com/singularityu on Friday, Aug. 28, from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. PDT.
Abridged ISU closing ceremony schedule
- 5 p.m.: Closing ceremony begins
- 5:05 p.m.: S. Pete Worden, director of NASA Ames
- 5:10 p.m.: Charles Bolden, Jr., NASA administrator
- 5:25 p.m.: Michael Simpson, president of ISU
- 5:30 p.m.: Certificates of Participation presented to the students
- 6:15 p.m.: Adam Halpert, ISU student-elected representative
- 6:20 p.m.: Awards are presented to the students
- 6:40 p.m.: Bob Richards, ISU founder
- 6:45 p.m.: Donald James, ISU project manager
- 7 p.m.: ISU ceremony concludes.
To watch the ISU closing ceremony online, tune in to http://www.isunet.edu/media/webcast on Friday, Aug. 28, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. PDT.
For more information about the International Space University, visit: http://www.isunet.edu
For more information about Singularity University, visit: http://singularityu.org
For more information about NASA's Ames, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/ames
For information about NASA's Education programs, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/education
// end //