From: Commercial Spaceflight Federation
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Washington, D.C., Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - The Commercial Spaceflight Federation is pleased to announce that Andrews Space, Inc., DCI Services and Consulting, MEI Technologies, Special Aerospace Services, and SRA International have joined the Federation as Associate Members. The Commercial Spaceflight Federation now includes over 30 leading aerospace companies.
Bretton Alexander, President of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation, stated, "It is very exciting to have these innovative companies joining the Commercial Spaceflight Federation. Each of them is contributing unique skills and assets to our industry, and each additional company better enables us to accomplish our mission of promoting the growth of the commercial space industry."
The new associate members of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation made the following statements:
- Jason Andrews, CEO of Andrews Space, Inc. stated, "Andrews strongly supports the CSF's efforts to promote and develop a robust commercial space industry within the US focused on developing and sustaining critical existing and emerging markets." (Headquartered in Seattle, Andrews Space, Inc. was founded in 1999 to be a catalyst in the commercialization and development of space, and is an affordable integrator of aerospace systems and developer of advanced space technologies.)
- Chad Brinkley, President of DCI Services and Consulting, stated, "DCI is excited to work with like-minded entities to provide safe and cost-effective space transportation products and services to satisfy our customers' needs." (Based in Houston, Texas, DCI Services and Consulting is a systems engineering and integration company focused in the aerospace and defense market.)
- Jim Baker, Director, Commercial Sector, at MEI Technologies stated, "As the commercial spaceflight industry grows, we see our involvement in CSF to not only be a way of providing the critical skills necessary to support our nation's leadership in space but also to be a part of inspiring the next generation scientists, engineers, and explorers who will maintain that leadership. As such, MEI Technologies is proud to join with our industry colleagues and CSF in advancing commercial spaceflight." (Headquartered in Houston and founded in 1992 as Muniz Engineering, MEI Technologies employs more than 800 individuals that serve more than 60 clients in the civil, commercial and defense industries.)
- Heather Bulk, President and CEO of Special Aerospace Services, stated, "We are truly proud to be a member of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation with its strong vision and leadership by the members. SAS looks forward to continuing our journey with those who live by our motto...'who dreams wins!' " (Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, Special Aerospace Services provides experienced program support in the areas of launch vehicles, spacecraft systems, space system engineering, human rating, and space safety.)
- Brian Buckley, SRA International's Space Systems Group Lead, stated, "Commercial Spaceflight Federation (CSF) is the perfect forum for SRA International to introduce our award-winning Spacecraft Command Language (SCL) product line for flight and ground systems. SCL has contributed to the success of many NASA and DoD missions and we look forward to sharing our software development capabilities and experience in mission critical systems with the CSF." (Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, SRA International provides the expert knowledge, technical tools and solutions that governments, agencies and companies need to improve performance, reduce costs and risks, introduce enterprise efficiencies and enhance human health.)
About the Commercial Spaceflight Federation
The mission of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation (CSF) is to promote the development of commercial human spaceflight, pursue ever-higher levels of safety, and share best practices and expertise throughout the industry. The Commercial Spaceflight Federation's member companies, which include commercial spaceflight developers, operators, spaceports, suppliers, and service providers, are creating thousands of high-tech jobs nationwide, working to preserve American leadership in aerospace through technology innovation, and inspiring young people to pursue careers in science and engineering. For more information please visit www.commercialspaceflight.org or contact Executive Director John Gedmark at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202.349.1121.
About Andrews Space, Inc.
Headquartered in Seattle, Andrews Space, Inc. was founded to be a catalyst in the commercialization and development of space. Andrews Space has been developing innovative space and aerospace systems for NASA, the Department of Defense, and commercial customers since the company's inception in 1999. Andrews Space has been involved in initiatives including commercial crew and cargo, operationally responsive spacelift, NASA exploration, and hypersonic platforms. For more information please visit http://www.andrews-space.com.
About DCI Services and Consulting
Headquartered in Houston, TX, near the Johnson Space Center, DCI Services and Consulting is an engineering consulting firm focused on aerospace and systems engineering, technical management, and strategic business development. DCI is currently providing services to participants in NASA's Commercial Crew Development Program and is engaged on topics such as safety standards for commercial spaceflight, commercial business models and procurement, and Space Station utilization. For more information please visit http://www.dci-sc.com.
About MEI Technologies
MEI Technologies, Inc. provides technical solutions to the commercial and federal technology markets. Founded in 1992 as Muniz Engineering, the company employs more than 800 individuals that serve more than 60 clients in the civil, commercial and defense industries. Headquartered in Houston, the company operates satellite offices in seven additional states: Colorado (Denver and Colorado Springs), New Mexico (Albuquerque and White Sands Test Facility); Alabama (Huntsville), Maryland (Greenbelt), Georgia (Marietta), Mississippi (Stennis Space Center), and California (San Jose and Los Angeles). For more information please visit http://www.meitechinc.com.
About Special Aerospace Services
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, Special Aerospace Services is a small, woman-owned, innovative aerospace services and solutions company. Special Aerospace Services (SAS) provides experienced program support in the areas of launch vehicles, spacecraft systems, space system engineering, human rating and SpaceFlight Safety (TM). SAS supports U.S. and International customers, including NASA's CCDev and COTS Programs, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and commercial launch service providers. For more information please visit http://www.specialaerospaceservices.com.
About SRA International
Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, SRA provides the expert knowledge, technical tools and solutions that governments, agencies and companies need to improve performance, reduce costs and risks, introduce enterprise efficiencies and enhance human health. For complex space-based programs, SRA's Intelligence & Space Sector delivers products and services at every phase - from mission concept through spacecraft retirement. For more information please visit http://www.sra.com.
// end //