The Society of Satellite Professionals International today announced the appointment of Dianne VanBeber, Vice President, Investor Relations and Communications for Intelsat, as Chair of the Board, and Chris Stott, Chairman & CEO of Mansat, as President.
Elected to their first terms on the Board of Directors are Ed Giovannini, Vice President, Programmer Sales, Ericsson; Erwin Hudson, Chief Technology Officer, Wildblue; Dave Rehbehn, Senior Marketing Director, Hughes Network Systems; and Alan Young, Chief Technology Officer, Encompass Digital Media.
SSPI also announced two directors re-elected by the membership. Mike Aloisi, Vice President, Distribution Technology, Satellite & Affiliate Services for Viacom, and Tony Rayner, Senior Vice President, Business Development for Eutelsat were re-elected to their second terms on the SSPI Board of Directors. Tony Rayner will be serving as the Secretary.
SSPI's Board represents a cross-section of the commercial satellite business, from manufacturing to launch to services, and from one side of the globe to the other. Continuing their service on the Board of Directors are:
- Dawn Harms, Vice President, Sales, Marketing and Communications, International Launch Services (Treasurer)
- Tom de Baere, Director of Marketing, Newtec
- Didier Debellemaniere, President, Abyvia
- Christine Erhenbard, Director, Broadcast Distribution, CBS
- Bryan McGuirk, COO, Vivisat
- David Myers, Senior Vice President, ITC Global
- Bill Weller, Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Space Systems/Loral
- Elias Zaccack, Senior Vice-President, Commerical, Americas, SES
The Society of Satellite Professionals International (SSPI) promotes the growth of the satellite industry by educating current and potential end-users and the general public about the indispensable contributions of satellites to business, government and human welfare, and by connecting satellite professionals worldwide through education, knowledge-sharing and fostering professional relationships. For more information about SSPI, visit www.sspi.org.
For More Information