From: Alliant Techsystems
ATK (NYSE: ATK) will exhibit several affordable technology solutions at the 30thannual Space Symposium in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The conference will be held at The Broadmoor, May 19-22, 2014.
The Space Symposium brings together space professionals, educators and students for presentations and panels covering all aspects of space. ATK will be highlighting a number of highly engineered space products that support customers’ emerging needs. Specific products and information on display include:
- Solid rocket boosters for NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS)
- Rocket motors for Orbital’s Antares™ launch vehicle
- ViviSat’s Mission Extension Vehicle for satellite life extension missions
- Flight-proven advanced lightweight composite structures for launch vehicles and military and commercial aircraft
Visitors to the ATK exhibit (booth #503) can learn more about ATK’s products through videos, animation and product models. ATK subject matter experts will also be available to answer questions and provide further information.
In addition, ATK representatives will participate on two panels during the symposium:
- Charlie Precourt, four-time shuttle astronaut and ATK vice president and general manager , Space Launch division, will support a panel discussion following a screening of the 38-minute documentary, “I Want to be an Astronaut,” produced by David Ruck. Precourt will talk about SLS, NASA’s new launch vehicle capable of transporting astronauts to deep space. The panel will take place Tuesday, May 20, from 12 to 2 p.m. in the Broadmoor Theater.
- Jeremy Redden, SLS System Integration project engineer for ATK, will join representatives from Aerojet Rocketdyne, Lockheed Martin and Boeing on a New Generation Space Leadership Forum panel entitled, “SLS & Orion: New Gen Contributions to a Next Generation Spacecraft.” The panel will take place Tuesday, May 20, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. in the Broadmoor West – West Ballroom.
Media interested in more information about ATK at the Space Symposium can visit the company’s exhibit or contact ATK’s on-site media representative, Jennifer Bowman, at email@example.com.
ATK is an aerospace, defense, and commercial products company with operations in 22 states, Puerto Rico, and internationally. News and information can be found on the Internet at www.atk.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/atk, or on Twitter @ATK.
// end //