From: Women in Aerospace (WIA)
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2016
The WIA Foundation is pleased to provide three merit-based scholarships to women interested in a career in the aerospace field to pursue higher education degrees in engineering, math or science. The awards will be given to rising seniors in college, to be applied during the upcoming academic year.
To be eligible for the WIA Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must be interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field and be a rising senior, working towards a bachelor's degree in engineering, math or science. The following is a complete list of eligibility requirements.
- Minimum college grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- An applicant must have completed at least two and a half academic years of full-time college work at the time of application and must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States or its territories, and plan to be enrolled in the subsequent academic year.
- Applicants must be female of any nationality.
- Interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field
- Entering senior year in the 2016-2017 academic year
If you know of any interested students who would be interested in this wonderful scholarship opportunity, below is a list of application requirements. Please also distribute and share this information with academic and other industry professionals who might know of possible applicants.
- High school and college transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor, supervisor of a summer internship/Co-op work experience/research work. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
- 500-1000 word essay on why the applicant is interested in aerospace, what she wants to accomplish in her career and why she deserves the scholarship.
- Completed scholarship letter (located in application), agreeing to the payment rules.
- Scholarship Deadline June 22, 2016
Winners of this scholarship opportunity in addition to receiving a monetary award for tuition, will also have the chance to attend the Annual WIA Awards Dinner & Ceremony held on October 13, 2016 at the Ritz-Carlton in Pentagon City.
If you are interested in learning more about the WIA Foundation and its scholarship opportunities, please visit the Foundation website at www.womeninaerospacefoundation.org/foundation.
A direct link to the application form can be accessed by clicking here.
Please contact us by phone at 202-547-0229 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions or concerns.
// end //