From: NASA HQ
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Amendment No. 5 to the NASA Research Announcement (NRA) entitled "Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) 2005," NNH05ZDA001N, Released January 28, 2005
On or about March 31, 2005, Amendment No. 5 to NASA Research Announcement "Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences" (NNH05ZDA001N) will be posted on its homepage Web site at http://nspires.nasaprs.com/ (select "Solicitations" then "Open Solicitations" then "NNH05ZDA001N").
This amendment makes the following changes and clarifications to this NRA:
- This amendment cancels the solicitation for the Virtual Observatories for Solar and Space Physics Data program described in Appendix A.22.
- This amendment cancels the solicitation for the Astrophysics Data Analysis program described in Appendix C.2.
- This amendment cancels the solicitation for the Long Term Space Astrophysics program described in Appendix C.3.
Due Dates Postponed
- This amendment postpones the due dates for the NASA Energy and Water Cycle Study (NEWS) program described in Appendix A.11. The due date for Notices of Intent to propose (NOIs) is changed from June 16, 2005, to August 18, 2005. The due date for proposals is changed from August 16, 2005, to October 5, 2005.
- This amendment postpones the due dates for the Terrestrial Hydrology program described in Appendix A.12. The due date for Notices of Intent to propose (NOIs) is changed from July1, 2005, to September 16, 2005. The due date for proposals is changed from September1, 2005, to November 16, 2005.
- This amendment clarifies the national and agency strategic objectives that all proposals must support. Proposers may use either the objectives given in Table 1 of the Summary of Solicitation for this NRA or the objectives given in the NASA planning document, The New Age of Exploration: NASA's Direction for 2005 and Beyond (available at http://www.nasa.gov/about/budget/).
- This amendment clarifies the process for submitting a Step-1 proposal to the Land-Cover/Land-Use Change program described in Appendix A.2. The text of the proposal is to be uploaded into NSPIRES as an attached PDF document, not entered into the Proposal Summary/Abstract text box.
- This amendment clarifies the Mars Data Analysis program described in Appendix B.5. The Mars Express mission is included in the list of missions for which data analysis is supported under this solicitation.
- This amendment clarifies the Sagan Fellowship for Early Career Researchers described in Appendix B.21. Tenure-track faculty are not eligible to apply.
- This amendment identifies additional program officers responsible for the Astronomy and Physics Research and Analysis program described in Appendix C.5.
Further information about individual program elements should be addressed to the Program Officers identified at the end of each Appendix in ROSES-2005. Questions concerning the ROSES-2005 solicitation should be addressed to Dr. Paul Hertz, Science Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC 20546-0001; Telephone (202) 358-0986; E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
// end //