From: Kennedy Space Center
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006
Amendment to Combined Synopsis/Solicitation 01 - Posted on Mar 13, 2006
Document Type: Combine Solicitation
Solicitation Number: NNK06144209Q
Posted Date: Feb 09, 2006
Original Response Date: Feb 28, 2006
Current Response Date: Mar 21, 2006
Original Archive Date: Mar 13, 2007
Current Archive Date: Mar 13, 2007
Classification Code: Q -- Medical services
Naics Code: 624230 -- Emergency and Other Relief Services
Contracting Office Address
NASA/John F. Kennedy Space Center, Procurement, Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
This notice is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; offers are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. This notice is being issued as a Request for Quotations (RFQ) for EMERGENCY MEDICAL EVACUATION SERVICES.
The offeror must be capable of providing the services detailed in the following Statement of Work: Provide agency wide on-site medical evaluation and support to NASA employees that have been injured or are ill while on foreign temporary duty in any part of the world outside of the United States. Requirements The contractor shall provide the following:
1. Land and/or air medical evacuation to closest facility in host country or other country with "western" style medical treatment facilities.
2. Trained medical personnel and medical equipment sufficient to maintain a patient in a stable mode from time of acceptance of patient until patient is transferred to receiving medical treatment facility.
3. Travel Health Information: Destination and travel health reports shall be made available to family members in a standard written report or through a password protected Internet Web Site.
4. Companion Ticket: Arrange for air transportation for a relative or friend to join the NASA employee who has or will be hospitalized outside his/her home country or country of assignment.
5. Assistance with Documentation for Insurance Claims Forms: Assist NASA employee in obtaining necessary documentation for medical insurance claims for care involving the contractor.
6. Emergency Transmission: Transmit emergency messages between NASA employee and family.
7. Repatriation of Mortal Remains: Arrange for transportation of NASA employee's mortal remains from the place of death to their home country, or, if requested by an authorized family or legal representative, arrange for local burial at the place of death.
8. Medical Expense Guarantee, Cost Review and Payment, and Medical Monitoring. Contractor will guarantee and pay as agent for all costs associated with in-patient or out-patient medical care. Contractor will medically monitor the NASA employee's condition and provide the NASA designated physician with medical evaluations of the member's condition and ongoing medical expenses where hospitalized.
9. Emergency medical information, travel health information and medical referrals for foreign locations. Place of Performance Any part of the world, outside of the United States.
Provider should have proven capability of patient extraction from remote locations.
Recent NASA employee evacuations have been from The Ukraine, Russia and Kazakhstan.
A listing of countries is enclosed where NASA employees have worked- note these are not the only countries where NASA employees may work but provides an example of the range of countries from which a provider must be capable of evacuation. Period of Performance 2 years from date of award Countries (capability should not be limited to these nations, but provides example of countries visited in a recent year by NASA personnel):
Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China(People's Republic of),Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, French Guiana, Gambia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary,Iceland,India,Indonesia,Ireland, Israel,Italy, Japan, Korea (South), Kyrgystan, Mexico , Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland , Portugal, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, and Venezuela.
Responses to this RFQ should include a technical proposal detailing how the company will meet SOW requirements, & information on similar past performance for the past three years. The provisions and clauses in the RFQ are those in effect through FAC 01- 2005-08. This procurement is a total small business set-aside. See Note
The NAICS Code and the small business size standard for this procurement are 624230 and revenues of $6.5 million, respectively.
The offeror shall state in their offer their size status for this procurement. All responsible sources may submit an offer which shall be considered by the agency. The DPAS rating for this procurement is DO-C9 Offers for the services described above are due by 4:00 pm EST on 02/28/2006 at John F. Kennedy Space Center, Mail Code: OP-OS/Attn: Andres Adorno or via e-mail at Andres.R.Adorno@nasa.gov and must include, solicitation number, FOB destination to this Center, proposed delivery schedule, discount/payment terms, warranty duration (if applicable), taxpayer identification number (TIN), identification of any special commercial terms, and be signed by an authorized company representative. Offerors are encouraged to use the Standard Form 1449, Solicitation/Contract/Order for Commercial Items form found at URL: http://server-mpo.arc.nasa.gov/Services/NEFS/NEFSHome.tml
Offerors shall provide the information required by FAR 52.212-1 (JAN 2005), Instructions to Offerors-Commercial, which is incorporated by reference. FAR 52.212-4 (OCT 2003), Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items is applicable. FAR 52.212-5 (JAN 2005), Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items is applicable. The FAR may be obtained via the Internet at URL: http://www.arnet.gov/far/
The NFS may be obtained via the Internet at URL: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/procurement/regs/nfstoc.htm
All contractual and technical questions must be in writing (e-mail or fax) to Andres Adorno not later than 2:00 pm EST on 02/21/2006.
Telephone questions will not be accepted. Selection and award will be made to that offeror whose offer will be most advantageous to the Government, with consideration given to the factors of proposed technical merit, price, and past performance. Other critical requirements: Offeror must be capable of providing the required services in both the specified countries and others that may emerge.
It is critical that offerors provide adequate detail to allow evaluation of their offer. (SEE FAR 52.212-1(b)).
Offerors must include completed copies of the provision at 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items with their offer. These may be obtained via the internet at URL: http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/eps/Templates/Commercial_Greater_Than_25K.doc.
These representations and certifications will be incorporated by reference in any resultant contract. An ombudsman has been appointed -- See NASA Specific Note "B". Prospective offerors shall notify this office of their intent to submit an offer.
It is the offeror's responsibility to monitor the following Internet site for the release of solicitation amendments (if any): http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/eps/bizops.cgi"gr=D&pin=76.
Potential offerors will be responsible for downloading their own copy of this combination synopsis/solicitation and amendments.
Point of Contact
Andres R Adorno, Contract Specialist, Phone (321) 861-8864, Fax (321) 867-1141, Email Andres.R.Adorno@nasa.gov - Terrance W. Crowley, Contract Specialist, Phone (321) 867-7696, Fax (321) 867-4848, Email Terrance.Crowleyfirstname.lastname@example.org
Email your questions to Andres R Adorno at Andres.R.Adorno@nasa.gov
// end //