From: Johnson Space Center
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2006
Synopsis - Dec 08, 2006
Solicitation Number: SEA-SSS
Posted Date: Dec 08, 2006
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Dec 08, 2006
Original Response Date: Dec 20, 2006
Current Response Date: Dec 20, 2006
Classification Code: U -- Education and training services
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, Houston Texas, 77058-3696, Mail Code: BJ
NASA/JSC is hereby soliciting information from Minority Serving Institutions in the state of Texas interested in performing the Strategic Education Alliance (SEA). No solicitation exists; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. This document is for information and planning purposes only to determine the interest in this effort by Texas Minority Serving Institutions.
Institutions eligible to respond to this notice are limited to Minority Serving Institutions in the state of Texas, which include Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, Tribal Colleges and Universities and non-profit organizations that serve underrepresented students. Partnerships among these institutions and/or organizations are encouraged to respond.
Interested parties having the ability to perform the SEA requirement should submit a capability statement, including references, of 5 pages or less indicating their ability to perform the effort described below.
All responses shall be submitted to Kirby Condron no later than December 20, 2006 at 3:00 CST. In providing your response please reference SEA-SSS.
Summary of the Strategic Education Alliance (SEA) effort:
The Strategic Education Alliance (SEA) provides on-site staff support necessary to coordinate various education projects and tasks at NASA's Johnson Space Center (JSC). The goal of SEA is to enhance JSC's efforts to encourage students to consider careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Some major activities in performance of this effort include:
- Higher Education & Student Programs - providing employment and educational opportunities that attract and prepare increasing numbers of students and faculty for NASA-related careers. Activities include: Texas Aerospace Scholars, Graduate Student Researcher Program (USRP), INSPIRE, Space Grant, Faculty Fellows, NASA Post-Doctoral Program
- Minority University Research & Education Program (MUREP) - targeting high school and undergraduate scholars who may be interested in following technical career paths. Activities include: Motivating Undergraduates in Science and Technology (MUST), University Research Centers
- Primary & Secondary Education (K-12) - providing K-12 educators with the tools, experiences and opportunities to further their education and participate in unique NASA learning experiences to enhance their knowledge of STEM and inspire pursuit of STEM careers. Activities include: Network of Educator Astronaut Teachers (NEAT), Pre-Service Teacher Institute (PSTI)
- Information Technology Support -providing a delivery mechanism to reach the next generation of explorers to inspire, inform, and involve them in NASA research activities and to pursue STEM fields. Activities include: Web application and website development
- Informal Education and Public Outreach - enhancing the capabilities of the informal education community
All staff supporting the activities described above will be located at NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas.
Comments or questions related to this effort should be forwarded to Kirby Condron via electronic transmission or in hard copy format (fax is not acceptable).
This sources sought synopsis is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for the information submitted in response. Respondents will not be notified of the results.
An ombudsman has been appointed -- See NASA Specific Note "B".
The solicitation and any documents related to this procurement will be available over the Internet. These documents will reside on a World Wide Web (WWW) server, which may be accessed using a WWW browser application. The Internet site, or URL, for the NASA/JSC Business Opportunities home page is http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/eps/bizops.cgi?gr=D&pin=73 It is the offeror's responsibility to monitor the Internet site for the release of the solicitation and amendments (if any). Potential offerors will be responsible for downloading their own copy of the solicitation and amendments, if any. Any referenced notes may be viewed at the following URLs linked below.
Point of Contact
Name: Kirby L. Condron
Title: Contract Specialist
Phone: (281) 483-4193
Fax: (281) 483-4173
Name: Jessica C. Miller
Title: Contracting Officer
Phone: (281) 483-6792
Fax: (281) 483-1139
// end //