Synopsis - Mar 10, 2009
Solicitation Number: NNJ09ZBJ003L
Posted Date: Mar 10, 2009
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Mar 10, 2009
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: Yes
Original Response Date: N/A
Current Response Date: N/A
Classification Code: Y -- Construction of structures and facilities
NAICS Code: 238160 - Roofing Contractors
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, Houston Texas, 77058-3696, Mail Code: BJ
RECOVERY – NASA JOHNSON SPACE CENTER INDUSTRY DAY FOR CONSTRUCTION
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)-Johnson Space Center (JSC), Houston, TX, is hereby soliciting firms for attendance at the “RECOVERY Industry Day for Construction.” Recovery Industry Day for Construction will consist of informative presentations to Industry regarding construction services, associated with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act) - Cross Agency Support, to be performed at NASA-JSC.
Recovery Industry Day is open to all firms (Large and Small Businesses); both companies that have performed work at JSC and those that have not performed work at JSC, and who are interested in pursuing construction contracting opportunities under NAICS Codes 238160 Roofing Contractors and 236220 Commercial and Institutional Building Construction.
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: NASA – JSC Gilruth Recreation Center
Houston, Texas 77058
Goals of Recovery Industry Day for Construction
1. Inform industry of JSC’s overall acquisition approach for Recovery Act funds to be utilized for construction.
2. Promote competition and seek out firms interested in performing prime or subcontract roles on-site for any required construction services at NASA-JSC associated with Recovery Act funds.
3. Notify firms of construction services anticipated to be performed at NASA-JSC Ellington Field, and Sonny Carter Training Facility in association with the Recovery Act. Construction services to be performed primarily include Roofing and General Construction disciplines; however, various other disciplines such as Electrical, Mechanical, Civil/Structural are also required.
4. Communicate to industry the additional requirements for contract recipients of Recovery Act funds.
All parties interested are encouraged to attend this informational session sponsored by JSC. You are requested to RSVP by 10:00 a.m. CST on March 16, 2009, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, at 281-244-1638. Seating is limited to 5 attendees per company. The RSVP should include the following information:
1. If using e-mail, please use the following subject line: "Recovery Industry Day for Construction RSVP."
2. Point of Contact's name, company, and phone number.
3. Names of all attendees attending from your respective company
Questions and Answers – Recovery Industry Day for Construction
Recovery Industry Day for Construction will focus on communicating the Government’s planned acquisition approach for construction efforts utilizing Recovery Act funds. There will not be a Q&A period following Industry Day presentations; however, official solicitation documents will be posted on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service (NAIS) website that reflect the final approved acquisition strategy and define contract requirements. Industry will be afforded an opportunity to submit questions specific to solicitation documents once they are posted, and the Government will officially respond pursuant to the requirements of the posted solicitation.
Directions to Gilruth Conference and Recreation Center
From Bay Area Blvd. Heading Eastbound:
Turn right on Space Center Blvd. and go approximately 2 miles. The Gilruth entrance is the second entrance on the right.
From NASA Road 1 Heading Eastbound:
Turn left on Space Center Blvd. and go approximately 0.3 miles. The Gilruth entrance is the second entrance on the left.
An Ombudsman has been appointed. See NASA Specific Note "B".
PLEASE NOTE: No solicitation exists at this time. If and when a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized in FedBizOps website and on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service website, respectively. It is the potential offeror's responsibility to monitor these sites for the release of any solicitation or synopsis.
Point of Contact
Name: Elijah J Williams
Title: Contract Specialist
Name: Karen D. Kelldorf
Title: Contracting Officer
Fax: 281-483-9741 Email: email@example.com