MISSION: STS-104 - 10th ISS Flight (7A) - Airlock
LOCATION: Launch Pad 39B
KSC LAUNCH DATE/TIME: July 12, 2001 at 5:04 a.m. EDT
KSC LANDING DATE/TIME: July 23, 2001 at 12:57 a.m.
MISSION DURATION: 10 days and 19 hours and 53 minutes
CREW: Lindsey, Hobaugh, Kavandi, Gernhardt, Reilly
ORBITAL INSERTION ALTITUDE and INCLINATION: 122 nautical miles/51.6 degrees
Shuttle Processing Note: The flight crew for mission STS-104 arrived at KSC last night to begin final preparation for their upcoming launch. Space Shuttle Atlantis' launch countdown began on time today at 8 a.m. and routine preflight processing continues to go well.
Over the weekend, workers completed orbiter aft compartment closeouts. Technicians also successfully replaced and retested an orbiter mass memory unit and a TV monitor on the aft flight deck.
Upcoming Shuttle Milestones:
Load cryogenic reactants into Atlantis' onboard tanks - July10 (5:30 - 10:30 a.m.)
Stow flight crew equipment - July 11 (5:20 a.m.)
Move Rotating Service Structure to park - July 11 (9 a.m.)
Begin loading external tank with propellants - July 11 (as early as 7:38 p.m.)
Weather Status: Forecasters indicate an abundance of tropical moisture in the central Florida area with disturbances moving in from the north. This will result in a threat of coastal precipitation through the weekend. At launch time on Thursday, clouds are expected to be scattered at 2000 feet and broken at 12,000 feet and 25,000 feet. Visibility will be 7 miles, temperature 74 degrees F., and humidity 93 percent. Winds will be from the west at 8 -12 knots. Coastal showers and thunderstorm anvil clouds are the primary concern. As a result, there is a 40 percent chance of KSC weather prohibiting launch. The 24-hour and 48-hour scrub turnaround forecast calls for a 60 percent chance of violation each day. Also, the late Wednesday afternoon forecast calls for 30 percent chance of weather violating tanking constraints. SUMMARY OF BUILT-IN HOLDS FOR STS-104
T-TIME LENGTH OF HOLD HOLD BEGINS HOLD ENDS T-27 hours 4 hours 12 a.m. Tues. 4 a.m. Tues. T-19 hours 4 hours 12 noon Tues. 4 p.m. Tues. T-11 hours 13 hours, 8 minutes 12 a.m. Wed. 1:08 p.m. Wed. T-6 hours 2 hours 6:08 p.m. Wed. 8:08 p.m. Wed. T-3 hours 2 hours 11:08 p.m. Wed. 1:08 a.m. Thurs. T-20 minutes 10 minutes 3:48 a.m. Thurs. 3:58 a.m. Thurs. T-9 minutes about 45 minutes 4:09 a.m. Thurs. 4:54 a.m. Thurs.CREW FOR MISSION STS-104
All times Eastern
-- end --