Location: 1899 W. Brooks Avenue, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense - Aerospace Airline - Aviation Pharmaceutical
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Research Biotech Science
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: 10 to greater than 15 years
Post Date: 2/22/2010
Contact: Janice Barragan
Bigelow Aerospace seeks professional astronauts to fill permanent positions. Qualified applicants need to have completed a training program from their government or recognized space agency and have at least some flight experience on a recognized space mission. Specialized training and/or experience (ie: Medical, Payload Specialist, EVA, Pilot, etc.) is not a pre-requisite, but is definitely a plus.
Possible opportunities will come in two areas:
- Working with Marketing Team to secure government and cooperate clients.
- Working with Design and Fabrication Teams to help optimize layout of systems for on-orbit serviceability and ergonomics.
- Working with Mission Control Team on final checkout of flight vehicles, both pre and post launch.
- Help Develop Astronaut training programs for Bigelow Aerospace Professional Astronaut Corps as well as Client Astronaut Corps.
- Work instructing in the Bigelow Astronaut Training Program
- Perform as Professional Astronaut aboard Bigelow Aerospace Station Complex
- Manage all onboard aspects of employee and customer astronaut personal safety
- Maintain the Station Complex as required (mainly IVA, but some EVA as well)
- Help clients with payloads or experiments (primarily with regards to integration into station's systems and communications)
Bigelow Aerospace is a leader in the commercial space complex arena providing a Low Earth Orbital environment and necessary services to cooperate and governmental clients in support of space research and exploration. Requirements You may apply online at www.bigelowaerospace.com or fax your CV to 702-456-9404