From: Kennedy Space Center
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Synopsis - Apr 29, 2011
Facilities and Structures Images - Posted on Apr 29, 2011 New!
Solicitation Number: N/A
Reference Number: 201101White
Posted Date: Apr 29, 2011
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Apr 29, 2011
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: May 16, 2011
Current Response Date: May 16, 2011
Classification Code: Y -- Construction of structures and facilities
NAICS Code: 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors
Contracting Office Address
NASA/John F. Kennedy Space Center, Procurement, Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE to Close/Demolish Facilities and Structures.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) at the John F. Kennedy Space Center (KSC) is soliciting capability packages from all interested small business firms including, Small Disadvantaged, 8(a), Woman-Owned, Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned, Veteran-Owned, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) businesses for the purposes of determining the appropriate level of competition and small business subcontracting goals for the demolition of various facilities at Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida 32899. Small business firms having the capabilities necessary to meet or exceed the stated requirements are invited to submit capability packages, appropriate documentation and references.
Telephone calls will not be accepted.
The NAICS code for this effort is 238910 and the small business size standard is $14M. In accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation 36.204, Disclosure of the Magnitude of Construction Projects, the estimated price range is as follows: Between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
SCOPE OF WORK This project is to demolish various facilities and structures located at Kennedy Space Center (KSC) and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS). These facilities previously housed administrative and technical support or were support structures. The work will be required to be performed with minimal impact to the surrounding roads and facilities. It is anticipated that the work will occur primarily during the typical work hours of 7:00am to 3:30pm. Specifically, this project consists of:
a. Demolition of the following facilities:
1. Facilities located at the Merritt Island Spaceflight Track Center, including approximately 17 facilities and associated structures and systems. The total square footage of building and foundation demolition is approximately 48,000SF with an additional approximate 10,500SF of asphalt or concrete removal. (Image 1)
2. One approximately 14,000 square foot cloth and metal storage structure. (Image 2)
3. Three concrete and wood storage structures (approximately 260SF, 460SF, and 6,500SF (Image 3)).
4. A concrete loading dock (approximately 1,100 SF) (Image 4)
5. A solar hot water heater (approximately 2,900SF) (Image 5) 6. A fuel transfer shed (approximately 2,500SF) (Image 6)
7. Various trailers (approximately 6) (Image 7) 8. 5 JP-8 metal tanks and concrete containment structure (approximate size 18,000SF) (Image 8)
9. Approximately 10 Metal Towers located at various locations at KSC. (Images 9a and 9b)
10. Various other small facilities, structures, and support systems.
b. Aspects of this work include the following:
1. Environmental and safety work including worker and environmental protection, cleaning and certification of fuel and storage tanks, waste segregation and waste disposal, and safing and removal of hazardous materials including, but not limited to, friable asbestos and lead.
2. Removal and disposal of abandoned monitoring wells in accordance with state, local, and KSC regulations.
3. Coordination, deactivation, disconnection and removal of the electrical, mechanical and communications systems.
4. Construction of bird nest platforms, including pile foundations, with a height of 30+ feet.
5. Site restoration including re-grading and installing sod. 6. Site clearing to access currently inaccessible structures for dismantling and removal. 7. Working at heights to dismantle and remove tall structures. 8. Working under the U.S. Export Control Laws and prescribed in DOD 4160.21-M-1 for the applicable structures and syatems. Business firms will be required to submit relevant and recent project experience data with their bids. SPECIFIC INFORMATION SOLICITED It is requested interested small business firms having the capabilities necessary to meet or exceed all aspects of the effort described herein, submit to the contracting officer a Capabilities Package demonstrating the ability to perform the services listed above. The capabilities package shall reference this Sources Sought Notice and be titled: Capabilities Package - Close/Demolish Facilities and Structures, Various Locations, at the John F. Kennedy Space Center and the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida." The submission shall be prepared in Microsoft Office. The capability statement package shall be no more than 10 pages in length, single spaced, and have minimum 12 point font. The cover letter provided with the 10 page submission shall include the following information: Company Name, DUNS Number and Address; Company Business Size and identify if they are a HUBZone small business,a woman-owned small business, an economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business, a service-disabled veteran owned small business, or an 8(a) small business, Point-of-Contact name, phone number and email address.
The capability package shall address, as a minimum, the following:
* Experience in demolition in the last 5 years with similar scope and magnitude, representing capacity to meet the above project requirements, in secure areas on government installations. Contractor must demonstrate experience in removal of hazardous materials, including friable asbestos. Contractor must demonstrate experience working at heights for a minimum of fifty (50) feet.
* Ability to work within the requirements of a Federal project site and a wildlife refuge. Include examples demonstrating the capacity for providing required submittals, safety plans, and as-built documents.
* Financial capability information, to include a statement identifying the firm's bonding capacity, a copy of the firm's most current Balance Sheet and Income Statement, and the firm's average annual revenue for the past three (3) years.
* A statement the small business firm can perform at least 25 percent of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with its own employees.
Capability packages must be submitted electronically, via email, to Sharon L. White, NASA Contracting Officer, at the following address: Sharon.L.White@nasa.gov on or before Noon Local Time on May 16, 2011. NASA/KSC may not accept submissions not complying with the submission instructions. NASA/KSC will review all acceptable submissions based on the breadth, depth and relevancy of experience as it relates to the work described above. NASA does not intend to post information or questions received to any website or public access location. NASA also does not plan to respond to individual responses.
No solicitation exists at this time; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. If a solicitation is released it will be synopsized in the Federal Business Opportunities Website, FedBizOpps, (https://www.fbo.gov/) and on the NASA Acquisition Internet Services, NAIS, (http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/nais/index.cgi ). It is the potential offeror's responsibility to monitor these sites for the release of any solicitation or synopsis.
Failure to respond to this notice does not preclude any interested party from future consideration for requests for proposals which may be announced or solicited by NASA. DISCLAIMER: This information is for planning purposes only, subject to FAR Clause 52.215-3, entitled "Solicitation for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes". It does not constitute a Request for Proposal, Invitation for Bid, or Request for Quotation, and it is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to enter into a contract. Moreover, the Government will not pay for the information submitted in response to this Notice, nor will the Government reimburse firms for costs incurred to prepare responses to this Notice.
All responses shall be submitted to Sharon L. White no later than Noon Local Time, May 16,2011. Please reference 201101White in any response. Any referenced notes may be viewed at the following URLs linked below.
Point of Contact
Name: Sharon L. White
Title: Contracting Officer
// end //