From: Planetary Exploration Newsletter
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012
This is to remind you that the sixth meeting of the NASA Small Bodies Assessment Group be held on January 17-18, 2012, in Washington DC, at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Accommodation information is now available at: http://icpi.nasaprs.com/sbag6
Please register at the above site by clicking on the registration button on the uppermost right of the page.
The deadline for sleeping room reservations at the group rate is January 6.
Nominal agenda topics include (not in order):
- Report on the status of HEOMD/SMD small bodies activity (Lindley Johnson)
- Discussion of the Small Bodies Science Institute White Paper (go to: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/sbag/documents/ and send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Results from the Dawn mission at Vesta and plans for Ceres (Chris Russell)
- Overview of the OSIRIS Rex mission (TBD)
- Roadmap update (TBD)
- Strategic Knowledge Gap Special Action Team activity in support of HEOMD (Mike Wargo)
- Prioritizing technology investments (TBD)
- More topics TBD
Information about participating by Webex is forthcoming.
On behalf of the SBAG Steering Committee, I wish everyone a happy holidays.
Mark Sykes, PSI
// end //