Synopsis - Feb 07, 2012
Solicitation Number: N/A
Reference Number: NNJ12414367LA
Posted Date: Feb 07, 2012
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Feb 07, 2012
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: N/A
Current Response Date: N/A
Classification Code: A -- Research and Development
NAICS Code: 541712
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, Houston Texas, 77058-3696, Mail Code: BT
VIRTUAL INDUSTRY DAY:
NASA/JSC intends to conduct the Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle Program Integration Contract (MPIC) Virtual Industry Day via WebEx on February 28, 2012 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Central Standard Time (CST).
MPIC will provide business and professional engineering and related services for the Johnson Space Center (JSC) MPCV Program Office, including the integration of MPCV Program Office work performed at other NASA centers and with the MPCV Program's lead development contractor.
To make reservations for the MPIC Virtual Industry day, please contact Anna Carter at 281-483-1869 or Anna.Carteremail@example.com to request WebEx and audio conference log-in instructions.
The goals of this Virtual Industry Day are to:
1. Facilitate open communication with Industry;
2. Promote competition on the proposed MPIC;
3. Provide industry with an understanding of the Government's current vision and objectives for the MPIC;
4. Encourage prospective offerors to provide industry input to NASA/JSC to improve the MPIC procurement strategy; and
5. Allow NASA/JSC to better utilize industry input to improve the future Request for Proposal (RFP).
All reservations for Virtual Industry Day must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. CST on Thursday, February 23, 2012. A confirmation email will be sent to acknowledge your reservation and to provide you with WebEx and audio conference log-in instructions.
Virtual Industry Day is open to all firms that are interested in pursuing contracting/subcontracting opportunities on the MPIC procurement whether they have performed work at JSC or not. All interested parties are encouraged to participate.
For those that don't have the opportunity to sit in on the meeting, the Virtual Industry Day charts will be posted on the following website at http://procurement.jsc.nasa.gov/mpcv/ .
To facilitate interactive communications with industry, NASA personnel will also be available for private meetings in person at Johnson Space Center or via teleconference with individual companies in conjunction with Virtual Industry Day.
The purpose of the MPIC industry day one-on-one communication meetings is to allow industry the opportunity to openly communicate with the Government by providing comments and inputs early enough in the procurement process for consideration during the procurement strategy.
Please note that neither side will be making a formal presentation during the one-on one communications meetings and recording devices are not permitted.
Any company may request a one-on-one meeting. Meetings will not exceed 25 minutes in length and attendance is limited to five (5) persons. Scheduling of appointment times will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Appointments will be scheduled every 30 minutes between 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on February 28th and 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on February 29th.
GUIDANCE FOR ONE-ON-ONE COMMUNICATIONS:
Acceptable Topics for One-on-One Communications with Industry:
* The general purpose of the current contract
* Any information about JSC that NASA has already made accessible to the public or is otherwise being made available to all potential offerors
* Historical information about the general nature or scope of prior similar contracts whose requirements may be similarly addressed in whole or in part under the current acquisition
* Information that describes the federal procurement process as defined in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), NASA FAR Supplement (NFS) or other published procurement policy documents
* Procurement specific information already published such as information contained in the acquisition forecast, statement of work (SOW), and pre-solicitation synopses
Unacceptable Topics for One-on-One Communications with Industry:
* Proprietary or confidential business information of contractor(s) or other business entities performing similar ongoing efforts
* Privacy Act protected information such as existing contractor employees' personal data
* Trade Secrets Act protected information
* Speculation on what the Government might be looking for in the proposals
* Different technical and management approaches
* Technical efficiencies
* Any particular Government emphasis
* Performance of contractors providing similar requirements that could become competitors
ONE-ON-ONE SIGN-UP REQUIREMENTS:
To make reservations for the MPIC One-on-One sessions, please contact Anna Carter at 281-483-1869 or Anna.Carterfirstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
The request shall include the following information:
1. Subject line: "MPIC One-on-One Session RSVP"
2. Company's name and address.
3. The company's Point of Contacts' (POC) names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
4. The e-mail RSVP must explicitly state each of the company's attendees' names and titles of attendees (limited to five) from your company that intend to attend the one-on-one session. Any special time requests, with justification will only be accommodated as practical.
All reservations must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. CST on Tuesday, February 21, 2012. A confirmation email will be sent to acknowledge your reservation.
Companies will be notified on or before Wednesday, February 22, 2012, of their assigned meeting time and location.
Documents related to this procurement will be available over the Internet. These documents will reside on a World Wide Web (WWW) server, which may be accessed using a WWW browser application.
The Internet site, or URL, for the NASA/JSC Business Opportunities home page is http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/eps/bizops.cgi?gr=D&pin=73
In addition, information concerning the acquisition and schedule can be viewed at the following website as it becomes available: http://procurement.jsc.nasa.gov/mpcv/ .
No solicitation exists; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. If a solicitation is released it will be synopsized in FedBizOpps and on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service. Proposals will not be accepted at this time. It is the potential offeror's responsibility to monitor these sites for the release of any solicitation or synopsis.
Point of Contact
Name: Anna Carter
Title: Contract Specialist
Name: Geraldine B. Mason
Title: Contracting Officer