Synopsis - Aug 14, 2012
Solicitation Number: NNJ12ZBH006L
Posted Date: Aug 14, 2012
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Aug 14, 2012
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: Sep 04, 2012
Current Response Date: Sep 04, 2012
Classification Code: 84 -- Clothing, individual equipment and insignia
NAICS Code: 339113
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, Houston Texas, 77058-3696, Mail Code: BH
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)/Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center (JSC) is hereby soliciting information about potential sources for the design and fabrication of a prototype exploration space suit assembly (Z-2 Space Suit).
NASA will use the Z-2 Space Suit prototype exploration space suit assembly to evaluate advanced space suit technologies in high fidelity test environments, such as a human-rated vacuum chamber test and to assess internal and external system interfaces.
NASA/JSC is seeking capability statements from all interested parties, including Small, Small Disadvantaged (SDB), 8(a), Woman-owned (WOSB), Veteran Owned (VOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SD-VOSB), Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) businesses, and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)/Minority Institutions (MI) for the purposes of determining the appropriate level of competition and/or small business subcontracting goals for the Z-2 Space Suit procurement.
The Government reserves the right to consider a Small, 8(a), Woman-owned (WOSB), Service Disabled Veteran (SD-VOSB), or HUBZone business set-aside based on responses hereto.
No solicitation exists; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. If a solicitation is released it will be synopsized in FedBizOpps and on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service. It is the potential offeror's responsibility to monitor these sites for the release of any solicitation or synopsis.
The Contractor is to provide products and services in support of the following functional areas:
* Fabrication of composite materials for manned pressurized applications
* Fabrication of softgoods joints for manned pressurized applications
* Fabrication of low torque bearings for manned pressurized applications
* Development of specifications for manned operations in 100% oxygen environment
* Development of specifications for manned operations in vacuum environment
* Development of specifications for manned operations in Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory environment
* Development of specifications for manned operations in Active Response Gravity Offload System (ARGOS) testbed
* Development and execution of requirements verification plan
* Development of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
* Development of specifications for suit fit and sizing parameters
* Development of specifications for pressurized manned range of motion
* Development of specifications for pressurized joint torque
* Generation of pressurized softgoods performance analysis
* Generation of Pro/E solid models and analysis for hardgoods
* Development of internal interfaces control document
* Project Management of contract scope
- Business Management functions (resources,schedule development, assessments)
- Project Configuration Management (CM)/ Data Management and Integration (DMI)
- Systems Analysis and Integration
- Engineering and Technical Services
- Safety and Mission Assurance
Interested offerors/vendors having the required specialized capabilities to meet the above requirements should submit the following in 10 pages or less:
1) A capability statement indicating the ability to perform all of the efforts described herein.
2) Input regarding what contract type would be most feasible with supporting rationale.
3) Input regarding what contract incentives would be feasible to incentivize positive performance with supporting rationale.
4) Input regarding length of contract (including consideration of option periods) with supporting rationale.
Interested offerors/vendors must also include the following in their response: name and address of firm, size of business; average annual revenue for past 3 years and number of employees; ownership; whether they are large, or any category of small business*, number of years in business; affiliate information: parent company, joint venture partners, potential teaming partners, prime contractor (if potential sub) or subcontractors (if potential prime); list of customers covering the past five years (highlight relevant work performed, contract numbers, contract type, dollar value of each procurement; and point of contact - address and phone number).
Please advise if the requirement is considered to be a commercial or commercial-type product. A commercial item is defined in FAR 2.101.
This synopsis is for information and planning purposes and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for information solicited. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation. Respondents deemed fully qualified will be considered in any resultant solicitation for the requirement.
Any questions shall be submitted, via email, to Stacy G. Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jessica Miller at email@example.com, no later than August 28, 2012.
All responses in response to this synopsis shall be submitted, via email, to Stacy G. Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jessica Miller at email@example.com no later than September 4, 2012. Please reference NNJ12ZBH006L in any response. Any referenced notes may be viewed at the following URLs linked below.
Point of Contact
Name: Stacy G. Houston
Title: Contracting Officer
Name: Jessica C. Miller
Title: Contracting Officer