Tuesday, December 31, 2002
(The next Heads Up will be posted on January 7, 2003.)
BUILDING POWER OUTAGE JANUARY 4
Saturday, January 4, 12 midnight-6 a.m. Boston Properties is performing preventive maintenance on the building's main electrical switch gear. Critical areas will be on backup power, but lights, air conditioning, elevators, water pumps, etc., will be off. Ed Hurley, 358-0698, or Judy Jackson, 358-0212.
IT SERVICES AFFECTED BY BUILDING POWER OUTAGE
Friday, January 3, 6 p.m. - Saturday, January 4, 6 p.m. In support of the HQ building power outage on Saturday, January 4, the HQ LAN and all servers will be unavailable. Eudora, Meeting Maker, and the HQ public Web will be available via dial-in and the Internet. All desktop computers at HQ must be shut off by COB Friday. IT Help Desk, 358-HELP (4357) or 1-866-4 NASAHQ (462-7247).
ORIENTATION SESSIONS ON TRAVEL MANAGER CHANGES
- Preparers: January 6, 10:30-11:30 a.m., MIC 6-A.
- Approvers: January 7, 2:15-3 p.m., MIC 6-A.
- Travelers: January 8, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m., auditorium.
Travel Manager will be integrated with IFM Core Financial (Wave 2, Go Live late February 2003). You must attend an orientation session to prepare for the transition which begins January 10. Orientation includes travel payment suspension period, voucher submittal deadline, system outages. Travel Manager Help Desk, 358-0270.
SFA NOMINATIONS FOR STS-114 DUE
Monday, January 6 COB - deadline. Nominate coworkers for Space Flight Awareness (SFA) Program awards. Submit forms to M-2/Joyce Proctor by January 6. For details and forms, firstname.lastname@example.org 358-2542.
QUARTERLY FARE SUBSIDY PICKUP - RM. 4M27
- January 7, 8, 14, 10 a.m.-12 noon and 1:30-3 p.m.
- January 15-16, 10 a.m.-12 noon.
All subsidies not picked up by January 16 will be forfeited for the quarter. LaKisha Dyson, 358-0208.
HQ INFORMATION CENTER HAS MOVED
The Information Center is now in Rm. 1N24 within the HQ Library. It has the same great information--posters, lithographs, and NASA publications. 358-0000.
AMENDED TLC TIMESHEETS DUE JANUARY 10
Friday, January 10, 9 a.m. - Payroll Office deadline. All amended TLC timesheets for leave adjustments for CY2002 must be brought to the Payroll Office. For details, contact Bernadette Keane, 358-1051.
HQ TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- January 7. Basic Communications Skills.
- January 9. Resume Builder Strategies.
- January 13. Building Foundations of Knowledge.
- January 14-15. Standard First Aid/CPR and Infant and Child CPR.
- January 16. The Leader Within.
- January 22. Change Your Beliefs; Change Your Stress.
For details, see http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Januaryfy03.htm
LEADERSHIP/EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Wednesday, January 8 - deadline. Nominations due for programs during 2003. For details and forms, see http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Executive/LEDcall.htm Kimela Ouakil, 301-286-6112.
MEN'S WELLNESS SEMINAR AND SCREENING
Tuesday, January 14, 12 noon, MIC 7. Overview of men's health issues for civil service and contractor employees. Eligible employees who attend the seminar can receive free prostate specific antigen (PSA) screening blood tests on January 14, 1-4 p.m, in the Health Unit. Sign up for the seminar and screening appointments by January 13. Contact the Health Unit, 358-2600.
MENTORING PROGRAM - EXTENDED
Monday, January 20 - application deadline. For details and forms, see http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Mentoring/home.htm and contact Mary Alice Diedrich Mary.A.Diedrich@nasa.gov 301-286-5393.
- NASA Home Page: http://www.nasa.gov
- NASA Budget for FY 2003: http://www.nasa.gov/budget/budget2003_index.html
- Freedom to Manage (F2M): http://www.f2m.nasa.gov
- NODIS Document Library: http://nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov/library/main_lib.html
- NODIS Document Management System:
http://nodis-dms.gsfc.nasa.gov/dms/dms.cfm (NASA Employees Only)
- HQ Core Financial Web Site: http://corefinancial.hq.nasa.gov
- Directory of HQ Service Contacts:
- Job Opportunities: http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov
- Approved Widely-Attended Gatherings (WAGs):
- Training Information: http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/hqtrngopps.htm
- Computer Training Center (CTC):
- Safety: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/safety.htm
- NASA OIG: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/oig/hq
- IT Security:
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/security/security.htm (NASA HQ ONLY)
- ODIN Services: http://www.odin.hq.nasa.gov
- HQ ISO 9000: http://hqiso9000.hq.nasa.gov (NASA HQ ONLY)
- ISEM Services: http://www.isem.hq.nasa.gov
- ViTS: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/services/vits.htm
- Exchange Council: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/exchange
- HQ Bulletin Online: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/infocom/bulletin_online.htm
- VoTS: http://www.nisn.nasa.gov/vots
- IT Notices: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/whatsnew/itnote.htm
- 2003 Calendar Orders: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/calinfo.htm
- National Air & Space Museum programs/events:
"Heads Up" is published every Tuesday and Thursday by InfoCom,
Code CI-3, HQ Information Technology & Communications Division. Submit articles 5 working days before your requested publication date.
Email items to email@example.com; mail articles to Code
CI-3/InfoCom; or fax to 358-3025. For more information on Heads Up and other InfoCom services, call 358-2299 or 358-4817, or visit the InfoCom web page at http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/infocom
Visit "Heads Up Online" at http://www.hq.nasa.gov/heads-up for