From: NASA HQ
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003
Submit Your Current Travel Vouchers by Friday, January 17!
NASA Headquarters will implement the Core Financial module of the Integrated Financial Management Program (IFMP) in February 2003. Implementation will result in a suspension of ravel Voucher payments for vouchers submitted after January 17, 2003. The anticipated date for resuming voucher payments is March 10, 2003. The oldest and highest dollar value vouchers will be prioritized for payment beginning on March 10.
Guidance for Employees:
- Submit all currently outstanding domestic travel vouchers to the GSFC RFO Travel Office no later than January 17, 2003. Payment of vouchers submitted after that date will be deferred until March 10, 2003.
- All foreign travel vouchers will continue to be paid by JSC, although the payment may be a few days slower because of JSC implementation of the Core Financial System.
- The NASA HQ IFM eam is developing procedures for emergency payments for domestic travel and other mitigation alternatives -- additional information will be published as developed.
- Employees with Government ravel Charge Cards have a liability to make timely payments of invoices to the Bank of America even if NASA has not reimbursed them.
- Continue to use the Travel Manager (TM) System for submitting travel authorizations and vouchers during the implementation period (January 18 - February 24, 2003).
- Continue to fax receipts to the GSFC RFO Travel Office for domestic travel and to JSC for international travel.
- Documents entered during the implementation period (January 18 - February 24, 2003) will be reviewed prior to re-entry into the integrated TM/Core Financial System.
- Plan for a complete TM system outage (from January 29 to February 3, 2003) by entering authorizations in time to route for review and approval.
- Work with the Travel Manager Help Desk (358-0270) to convert extended TDY documents from paper to Travel Manager.
- Attend training sessions scheduled for February 20 and February 24, 2003 -- additional information will be provided.
January 17, 2003: Deadline for submitting current Vouchers
January 18 - February 24, 2003: Implementation Period
January 29 - February 3, 2003: Travel Manager System Outage
February 20 and 24, 2003: User Training
February 24, 2003: Begin using new integrated Travel Management system
NOTE: Following deployment of the Core Financial module, paper travel documents will no longer be accepted and will be returned to the traveler for entry into the TM system. In order to get paid for travel, all travel documents must be entered into TM and routed through the Core Financial System.
Questions regarding this information may be conveyed to CodeCF/Ms. Pam Fetters on 358-0867.
This "Special Notice" is being transmitted by InfoCom, Code CI-3, HQ Information Technology & Communications Division. For more information on InfoCom services, call 358-2299 or 358-4817, or visit the InfoCom web page at http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/infocom
// end //