From: NASA HQ
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2003
Tuesday, February 4, 2003
THE LOSS OF COLUMBIA AND ITS COURAGEOUS CREW
The loss of the courageous crew of STS-107 and of the Space Shuttle Columbia has brought tragedy to the NASA family, to the families of these seven heroes, and to our Nation. To honor the Columbia crew and the family members who have borne their personal grief with tremendous dignity and courage, President Bush will join us for a memorial service at the Johnson Space Flight Center on Tuesday, February 4 at 1 p.m. EST. All badged NASA employees are welcome to attend this event. There will also be a memorial service on Thursday, February 6 at Washington's National Cathedral at 1 p.m. EST. Glenn Mahone, 358-1898.
INFORMATION ON COLUMBIA AND THE STS-107 CREW
The latest information on Columbia and the STS-107 crew will be posted at http://www.nasa.gov/columbia
HQ BLACK HISTORY MONTH EVENT CANCELLED
Wednesday, February 5. The Black History Month program featuring Jewel Diamond Taylor and the NASA HQ Gospel Choir has been cancelled. Chris Rodriguez, 359-0950.
COMPUTER TRAINING CENTER (CTC) CLASSES
- February 6. Word 2000 Basics I (PC).
- February 11. Excel 2000. Basics II (PC).
- February 14. Word 2000. Basics II (PC).
- February 18. HTML. Basics I (PC).
- February 20. PowerPoint 2000. Basics I (PC).
- February 25. HTML. Basics II (PC).
To register, email@example.com or call 358-1111. For details, see http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/ctc/schedule.htm
IT SERVICES REMAIN AVAILABLE THIS WEEKEND
The power outage scheduled for the NASA HQ Building this weekend, February. 8-9, has been cancelled. Therefore, normal IT services and operations will be provided this weekend. IT Help Desk, 358-HELP (4357) or 1-866-4NASAHQ (462-7247).
EXCHANGE COUNCIL LOBBY EVENTS CANCELLED
Due to current events, vendors will not be in the west lobby this week and possibly longer. Vendors will return as soon as possible. Karen White, 358-1056.
HQ TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- February 10-11. Standard First Aid/CPR and Infant and Child
- February 18. Ten Rules for Effective Negotiating.
- February 19. Enneagram: The Personality Wisdom System.
- February 19 and 20. COTR Refresher Training.
- February 20 and March 11. National Environmental Policy Act
- February 26-27. Essentials of English Writing.
For details, see http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Februaryfy03.htm
GODDARD CENTER DIRECTOR'S COLLOQUIUM
Wednesday, February 12, 10-11:30 a.m., Building 3 Goett Auditorium, GSFC. Presentation by Walker Lee Evey, former Program Manager of the Pentagon Renovation Program on "Overcoming Daunting Odds Rebuilding the Pentagon After September 11th" For details, see http://workforce.gsfc.nasa.gov/b2c1.html Gail Williams, 301-286-0159.
FINAL ETHICS TRAINING MAKE-UP SESSIONS
- Wednesday, February 12, 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 13, 9 a.m.
All sessions in the auditorium. Ethics training is also offered online at https://solar.msfc.nasa.gov (Please note: These training sessions may be rescheduled due to press conferences in the auditorium.) For details, contact Laurie Rafferty, 358-2028.
// end //