From: Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010
We the undersigned, a diverse group of organizations with a vital interest in our Nation's space program, make the following statements:
* We strongly support the top line FY2011 NASA budget.
* We believe an important goal of the NASA budget is to accelerate the development of the intellectual capital of the United States by investing in a high-cadence exciting program.
* We are excited by the increases in science, aeronautics and technology initiatives.
* We believe both human exploration and research are important: destination, milestones, engagement and story matter.
* We believe this is an opportunity for NASA to craft the exploration strategy in partnership with science and applied science that includes the International Space Station, safe and cost-effective access to low earth orbit, robotic precursors, and other missions. Heavy lift launch and in-space servicing enable new realms of exploration and science.
* We believe it is critically important that the American people can and must participate and be engaged in the journey of discovery and exploration.
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE AMERICAN ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY
AMERICAN INSTITUTE FOR AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONAUTICS
AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR GRAVITATIONAL AND SPACE BIOLOGY ASSOCIATED UNIVERSITIES, INC. ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITIES FOR RESEARCH IN ASTRONOMY
COMMERCIAL SPACEFLIGHT FEDERATION
MARYLAND SPACE BUSINESS ROUNDTABLE
NATIONAL SPACE SOCIETY
THE PLANETARY SOCIETY
SPACE FRONTIER FOUNDATION
UNIVERSITIES SPACE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION
// end //