From: Kennedy Space Center
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Synopsis - Jul 20, 2011
Solicitation Number: NNK11393769L
Posted Date: Jul 20, 2011
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Jul 20, 2011
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: Aug 03, 2011
Current Response Date: Aug 03, 2011
Classification Code: 18 -- Space vehicles
NAICS Code: 336414 - Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Manufacturing
Contracting Office Address
NASA/John F. Kennedy Space Center, Procurement, Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Kennedy Space Center (KSC) is seeking capability statements from all interested parties, including Small, Small Disadvantaged, 8(a), Woman-owned, Veteran Owned, Service Disabled Veteran, and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) businesses for the purposes of determining the appropriate level of competition and/or small business subcontracting goals for potential Commercial Crew Program Integrated Design Contracts. NASA's proposed strategy is to release a draft RFP in late summer of 2011 for the Commercial Crew Program's Integrated Design Contracts (IDC). This design effort would consist of the completion of an integrated Crew Transportation System design (integrated design includes launch vehicle, spacecraft, launch systems, ground and mission operations and recovery) to a Critical Design Review level and may include some early development activities. NASA proposes to award multiple Integrated Design Contracts in the initial phase which is expected to be followed by a future acquisition or acquisitions. This approach will lead to the procurement of an end-to-end Crew Transportation service with capability to transport crew to and from the International Space Station.
The integrated design contract requirements may include:
- Complete an integrated design of a Crew Transportation System (CTS), at a Critical Design Review (CDR) level, that complies with NASA CTS 1100 requirements suite and SSP 50808
- Conduct integrated technical risk assessment and prepare mitigation techniques
- Demonstrate key risk reduction activities focused on mitigating top risks associated with the integrated CTS' ability to obtain NASA certification by 2016
- Develop a comprehensive Certification Plan including analysis, verification and validation of the design against NASA CTS 1100 requirements suite and SSP 50808
- Enhance the design features with specific focus on expanding the commercial market
If you are interested in obtaining additional information regarding the requirements of this effort or to learn about the Commercial Crew Program's proposed contracting strategy, visit the Commercial Crew Program website at http://commercialcrew.nasa.gov .
The NAICS code for this requirement is 336414 with a size standard of 1,000 employees. You are requested to provide electronic responses (10 pages maximum, including attachments) via e-mail to the Contracting Officer listed below. Your response is required by August 3, 2011. To facilitate a prompt review by the NASA team, a one (1) page summary shall be included with your capability statement(s), identifying the following information:
1. Company name and address. 2. Contractor size/type classification (Large, Small, Small Disadvantaged 8(a), Woman-owned, Veteran-Owned, Service Disabled Veteran and HUBZone). 3. Company size (number of employees). 4. Average annual revenue for the past three (3) years. 5. Affiliate information (as applicable) including, parent company, joint venture partners, potential teaming partners, prime contractor (if potential sub) or subcontractors (if potential prime), point of contact name, position, address and phone number. 6. Company specific capabilities that are relevant to the requirements listed above.
It is not sufficient to provide only general brochures or generic information. Copies of your capability statement(s) may be made available to prospective offeror's in the future. Therefore, it should not contain company-sensitive information.
NASA is also interested in potential prime contractor feedback related to potential subcontracting opportunities for the Integrated Design Contracts, in the event this action is competed on an unrestricted basis. The feedback provided should address the types of work that are appropriate for subcontracting opportunities to small businesses. This feedback would be used as research information to support the analysis and development of subcontracting goals.
This notification is not a solicitation announcement. It is a sources sought synopsis for information and planning purposes and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for information solicited. Since this is a sources sought announcement, no evaluation letters and/or results will be issued to the respondents. Respondents deemed fully qualified will be considered in any resultant solicitation for the requirement. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized in FedBizOpps and on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor these sites for the release of any solicitation or synopsis.
All responses shall be submitted to Rogelio Curiel no later than August 03, 2011. Please reference NNK11393769L in any response. Any referenced notes may be viewed at the following URLs linked below.
Point of Contact
Name: Rogelio Curiel
Title: Contracting Officer
Name: Tammy S. Burlein
Title: Procurement Office
// end //